10 KEY PRINCIPLES
Pierre Fabre Laboratories’ purchasing policy revolves around 10 key principles:
- respecting financial fairness toward suppliers,
- promoting cooperation with strategic suppliers,
- reducing the risk of mutual dependence,
- appreciating the overall cost of the purchase (cost + service + transport),
- integrating environmental aspects,
- taking into account the specifics of each economic sector,
- taking into account local suppliers,
- ensuring standardized purchasing procedures,
- forging relationships with suppliers,
- ensuring a coherent remuneration policy for our buyers.
Ethics and responsibility
The Purchasing Charter adopted by the company defines the ethical rules that guide the work of our buyers and govern relations with suppliers. Beyond the optimization of economic performance, the Charter also emphasizes key values relating to managing relations with suppliers:
- mutual respect,
- transparent selection criteria,
- continuous relations,
- respecting confidentiality,
- searching for the best value equation,
- particular attention paid to local suppliers and those concerned about sustainable development.
“10 COMMITMENTS FOR RESPONSIBLE PURCHASING” CHARTER
Since January 2011, we have followed the credit mediation charter of the CDAF, the association of French buyers. Known as the “10 commitments for responsible purchasing” charter, it covers good practices governing relations between large customers and small and medium-sized businesses. By following this charter, we are reinforcing our commitment to developing sustainable and fair partnerships with our suppliers, including local and national firms that represent 75% of our purchasing amount.